About this Policy
Whitelakes Brewing is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information held about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. "Personal information" is information about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, as defined by applicable law. Whitelakes Brewing has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
This policy applies to TJVP Nominees Pty Ltd & T&JJ Nominees Pty Ltd (ABN: 41 434 867 819 & 39 807 489 092) and its subsidiaries ("Whitelakes Brewing", "The Brewhouse", "Vernon Arms", "Westgarden"), and describes the way that Whitelakes Brewing collects, holds and discloses personal information about individuals.
Privacy statements in relation to Whitelakes Brewing websites and in relation to calls received by Whitelakes Brewing are also incorporated into this policy.
Why does Whitelakes Brewing collect my personal information?
Whitelakes Brewing collects and holds personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, Whitelakes Brewing may collect personal information to enable you to participate in a Whitelakes Brewing promotion, for the uses listed below or to allow Whitelakes Brewing to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information does Whitelakes Brewing hold?
During the course of our business, we may collect personal information from you.
The types of personal information Whitelakes Brewing collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with Whitelakes Brewing and may (but does not always) include:
- Your name;
- Date of birth;
- Personal and/or work contact details (including phone/fax number/email address, business name and authorised representative name and contact details, address);
- Your product preferences and purchase history;
- Any information about you which you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys; and/or
- Payment details (e.g. credit card number)
If necessary, Whitelakes Brewing may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time, including when you call our customer service.
What if you don’t provide Whitelakes Brewing the personal information it requires?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide Whitelakes Brewing with the personal information it reasonably requires, Whitelakes Brewing may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
How does Whitelakes Brewing collect my personal information?
Whitelakes Brewing tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with Whitelakes Brewing or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Whitelakes Brewing or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a survey conducted by Whitelakes Brewing or one of its related companies;
- Purchase tickets or merchandise from a website operated by Whitelakes Brewing or one of its related companies;
- Access or request information from Whitelakes Brewing’s website or the website of one of its related companies; or
- Provide information to Whitelakes Brewing’s customer service team
In some circumstances, however, Whitelakes Brewing may also collect your personal information from other entities covered by this policy or third-parties (including Whitelakes Brewing distributors or franchise owners), but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
Whitelakes Brewing will such take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information. Such notification may be from a Whitelakes Brewing distributor or franchise owner where your information is collected (for disclosure to, or on behalf of, Whitelakes Brewing) by such an entity.
How does Whitelakes Brewing use my personal information?
Whitelakes Brewing uses your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with the Whitelakes Brewing goods or services you request;
- Promoting and marketing Whitelakes Brewing’s current and future products and services (including to you);
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Whitelakes Brewing considers may be of interest to you;
- Conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Whitelakes Brewing’s current and future products or services;
- Administering, reviewing and optimising the performance of Whitelakes Brewing’s distribution network (including allocating customers to distributors/franchise owners) and improving the effectiveness of any software used by the distribution network; and
- Improving the operation or navigation of Whitelakes Brewing’s website
Whitelakes Brewing may also use your personal information for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time Whitelakes Brewing collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If Whitelakes Brewing uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Whitelakes Brewing will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence. If we use your personal information to send you any direct marketing communications, you have the right to request that we provide you with the source of that personal information. There is no fee for requesting this information. Unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so, we will provide you with the source of the personal information.
Will Whitelakes Brewing give your personal information to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Whitelakes Brewing may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Whitelakes Brewing’s related companies;
- Whitelakes Brewing’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers, marketing, data analysis and processing and printing services; and/or
If Whitelakes Brewing provides your personal information to such a party, Whitelakes Brewing generally requires the third-party to protect your personal information in the same way Whitelakes Brewing does. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities.
Whitelakes Brewing may also disclose your personal information to other third parties where it is required or permitted to under any applicable law.
Is my personal information secure?
Whitelakes Brewing takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Whitelakes Brewing over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information is important. Whitelakes Brewing takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Whitelakes Brewing holds about you is incorrect, please contact us.
You have a general right to access the personal information Whitelakes Brewing holds about you. You may contact us to request details of your personal information.
Whitelakes Brewing can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial. We will take reasonable steps to give access in a way that meets both Whitelakes Brewing’s needs and your needs. While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Whitelakes Brewing holds about you, Whitelakes Brewing reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which Whitelakes Brewing holds about you. You may do so at any time by contacting us. Whitelakes Brewing does, however, reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances. If Whitelakes Brewing refuses to correct any personal information about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal information. we will not charge you a fee for requesting a correction to your personal information, correcting that information or for attaching a statement to your personal information (as relevant).
Even if you don’t submit such a request, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold your personal information, that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
Please contact us if you:
- Have any concerns or a complaint regarding Whitelakes Brewing’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information; or
- Consider that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles
We acknowledge and take very seriously every privacy query and complaint that we receive. Whitelakes Brewing will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.
If you’re not satisfied with how we have handled your matter, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page